Events and Ongoing Activities to Encourage Walking and Biking at Your School.
Walk to School Day Events | Bike to School Day Events | Monthly Walks with Your School |On-Going Activities
Walk to School Day Events
Bike to School Day Events
- Bike to School Day Toolkit - download resources, tip sheets, parent letters and more for your school's Bike TO School Day event
- Bike Safety Assembly Toolkit - download ideas and resources to host a bike safety assembly at your school
- Bike Rodeo Manual - download bike rodeo station guides, certificates, and tip sheets to host a bicycle rodeo at your school
Monthly Walks with Your School
Participate in Walk and Roll to School Day events all year round by holding monthly themed walks with your school! Click on the coordinating flyer templates below to promote each walk at your school:
Walking School Bus
Park and Walk Locations
Activity Item Tools
Free Activity Programs
- PE Central's Log It Activity - Log It is a free pedometer step and mile recording program for kids 3rd grade and up. Students can virtually walk around the USA with their classmates, log up to 6 days back, enter up to 25,000 (12.5 miles) steps a day.
- Boosterthon - The Boosterthon Fun Run is more than an elementary school fundraiser. It's more than a walk-a-thon. The Boosterthon Fun Run is fundraising and so much more.
- WalkJogRun.net - This website is a free resource for walking routes. If you are a parent looking to coordinate Walking School Bus routes, you can map your routes, form walking groups, and even download an app for your smart phone!
- School Walk for Diabetes - The American Diabetes Association offers a program to help raise awareness about diabetes amongst your students. By planning a diabetes walk, your school will receive posters, flyers and educational curriculum to complement the event. The best part is that students receive "thank you" gifts from ADA, and if the total amount raised for ADA is greater than $1000, the school will receive 10% to put towards new P.E. equipment or supplies for the school nurse.
- Fuel Up To Play 60 - The National Dairy Council and National Football League (NFL) launched a youth-led fitness and wellness program in more than 60,000 American schools in the 2009-2010 school year. The program, Fuel Up To Play 60, focuses on ways to get an hour of physical activity every day and how to make healthier food choices. Participating schools receive resources to help them implement and personalize the program.
- ACES: Take part in a 1-day nationwide or worldwide fitness event - Each May, children from the US and 50 other countries participate in the “world’s largest exercise class” to show their dedication to physical fitness. Project ACES — All Children Exercise Simultaneously — was founded by phys ed teacher Len Saunders more than 20 years ago, and since then he has launched two other exercise programs: PACES Day — Parents and Children Exercise Simultaneously — promotes family exercise on Saturdays, and Exercise US is a new program in which kids will participate in 10 hours of nonstop exercise on the same day, completed by participants in 15-minute segments.